“Murray's Cheese Bar Open Now!”
Sustainable charcuterie, over 40 cheeses, fondue, grilled cheese, and burgers smothered in cheese are on the menu at the first eve Murray’s Cheese Bar, which opened Wednesday, July 25.
You’ll find it just three doors down from their cheese shop and caves.
As you might expect, cheese (plus wine, boozy kombucha, and craft beers) take center stage. Chef/fromager Tia Keenan’s menu highlights include:
- More than 40 cheeses plucked from Murray’s caves including cheeses special to the Cheese Bar that have been washed in wine or wrapped in herbs
- More than a dozen sustainably-raised charcuterie – salami, prosciutto and more
- Cheese and meat boards are all served on boards with condiments of the day like wasabi pea brittle, whole walnuts in syrup, minted pea puree, lemon curd and pickled raisins.
- The menu features cheese prepared in several ways: Dips, Fry, Griddle, Between Bread, Dunk, Pasta and Bake – plus Sweets.
- Rarebit Cheddar Burger: The cheeseburger, re-invented: traditional rarebit cheese is poured tableside on top of the burger
- Fondue with a twist: we not only have a traditional fondue, but also a unique dish called Malakoff -- a Swiss soldier’s snack made with all of the fondue ingredients (cheese, kirsch, garlic, lemon juice) but fried instead of melted
- Wine and craft beer: more than 30 wines by the glass plus a full wine list; a dozen craft beers on tap or bottled; plus Beyond Kombucha (alcoholic kombucha) on tap
- Greenmarket salads and vegetables, if you need a little break from cheese
Murray’s Cheese Bar is located at 264 Bleecker Street in Greenwich Village (cross street: Morton St), www.murrayscheesebar.com, 646-476-8882. Open for dinner 7 nights a week starting at 5pm – and open til 1am. Reservations taken for parties of 6 or more.
Posted: July 27, 2012 - 1:00 pm
No comments yet. Be the first to post!