|<< previous next >>|
“Got a Kid? Cool New NYC Birthday Ideas!”
As the mom of a three-year old girl, I’m often interested in cool play spaces and spots for birthday parties. We tried to have Emily’s party at our apartment a few years in a row and it was rather cramped, kind of like bowling in a closet. This year, we had her party at a local playground, which worked out great. She’s born in May so the weather was perfect and the kids all got chalk and bubbles and ran around and hung from the monkey bars and slid down the slides until it was time for cake and pizza. No clean up for us, other than dumping pizza boxes in the trash, and it was cheap and a lot of fun for all.
Other friends have done parties at Carmello the Science Fellow—an amazing spot where kids can play with snakes, turtles and assorted other animal friends and concoct everything from stink bombs to real slime (!). I also love the parties at the New York Kids Club, where Emily goes to pre-school. While they are pricey, they are really fun and magical for the kids, and parents get to kick back and have coffee and bagels.
A place I love to take Emily, Café Moomah, Tracey Stewart's beloved artsy kid's cafe in Tribeca, is launching a new set of kids' birthday parties. Details are below:
• Mad Science Experiment Party - Make slime, bouncy balls and more with Moomah's Mad Scientists at this wacky party!
• Spa Party - Get your finger and toe nails painted, design your own spa products like lotion, soap or bath fizzies, and of course, get your make up done! Walk away ready to strut your stuff.
• Tea Party - High Tea anyone? Come on out to properly sip tea with your finest friends (and dolls if you wish!). Then decorate your own tea cup and saucer.
• Glow-in-The-Dark Party - Play glow-in-the-dark games in our black-lit glow room! Make a glow-in-the-dark art project, and then join in for a glowing dance party where everyone will get glow necklaces. Party guests are encouraged to wear white for the best effect.
• Yoga Party - Perfect for the budding yogi! Age-appropriate poses to cool music will take you and your guests on a journey you'll never forget.
• Gloga Party - Glow-in-the-dark version of our yoga party. Guests are encouraged to wear white for the best glowing effect.
• Decorate-your-own cupcakes - When it comes to fun times, Moomah takes the cake! They provide the cupcakes, icing and all the toppings you can imagine so party people can load up their cupcakes with their favorite designs and flavors.
Moomah has paired with Story Pirates, an award-winning improvisation group that guides kids' parties through imaginative play-based games and songs, a themed art project of parents' choosing, and a wholesome meal. All parties include playtime in the Funky Forest - a museum quality art installation where kids can work individually or collectively in a life-sized, dark virtual forest, seeing first-hand how their actions affect the environment.
Info on pricing and packages for birthday parties is available here.
Happy Birthday to all the little ones!
|<< previous next >>|
Share ! Post a comment
No comments yet. Be the first to post!
Advertise on the
StrongBuzz site and emails.